Monday, April 17, 2006




Here is one of the animation challenge I did this semester. The challenge was a character picking up a heavy object and throw out to the window. This was my first idea, I made my girl character throwing her baby brother out to the window, but his dipper gets stuck and his poop comes out to her face and she runs away. However, there was someone, who wasn't very happy with the idea of poop and throwing a baby away...so I changed my idea, and here is the animation. Any critiques are great. I still have a problem containing the same weight and also I don't see very entertaining in this test, so I don't know if I should keep working on this and put this in my reel.....mmm, so that's it!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Ali said...

That's so cute. It just needs some adjustmnts to really sell the weight.

Justin Ridge said...

Hahaha! I like how she just drops the baby into the crib! Cruel in an innocent way....
I think the biggest thing to sell how heavy the baby is, is how its body will hang when the girl picks it up. Right now it's kinda at an angle and seems stiff, although the girls posturing feels like it's heavy. This may be a funny opportunity to have the baby droop over both sides of the crib, like the girl couldn't quite get it fully over the side, then pushes its butt so the baby falls in...just an idea...

Good stuff Miyuki!

Miyuki Kanno Long said...

Thank you very much for critiques! I am very appriciated it~!

Justin, I like your idea a lot. It's funny! Thank you!

kaunchen said...

It's very cute. I can feel the weight of the baby and the expression from the girl is good too. Keep working !!
You made me wanna animate too.

Charles said...

Hi, i just discovered you blog, and your works are impressive, like always. I love the orginal idea with the poop, it was so funny. Now I am sad that it's gone.

Miyuki Kanno Long said...

Wynne, Thank you!

Miyuki Kanno Long said...

Hi Charles! I didn't know you are on the blog, too! I am glad! Thank you very much!