Friday, April 14, 2006

burn out....

Every semester, there is always a time that I feel like I burn out. Right now, I feel like I am buring out. I feel like I am running a looong marathan that never ends, cannot see the light!!

I got a very exciting email from Pixar the other day. I sent my demo-reel for animation internship last year, and they kept my materials, since they liked my demo-reel. They emailed me that they are looking for animators right now and would like to see my updated demo.

I right away sent them my updated demoreel. and very excited! It's Pixar! The company that everyone wants to work for today! Unfortunately, I didn't get the position. Maybe next year, or 2 more years, or 3 more years later I will. Never knows.

But deep inside of me, sometimes I feel like I will never get a job. I look my stuff, and feels that it looks aweful that I will never get a job. I don't know that every art students feel that way, too. I need to trush God more....believing that someday I will get a job that I always dreamed of.

mmm....I feel like burn out. I feel like I need to rest a little bit to get more energy to keep going...

3 comments:

Wayne said...

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6

Don't give up. Your animation looks good; keep at it and never give up on the challenge of getting better!

Miyuki Kanno Long said...

Thank you very much, Wayne! It's very inspiring to see a artist like you, who work hard and get a dream job from our school! I hope everything is going well with you, too!

Christopher said...

I am so encouraged to see a fellow artist of faith. At least you got an email from Pixar, there are many of us that will never even get that much. Don't get discouraged. God's plan is for you to prosper! I know it's true, because His Word says so. You're artwork is gorgeous by the way!