Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Gedo Senki


I just got back from Japan a few days ago!!! It was great! I spent time with my family and friends, and also there were 2 great things!

First, I went to see "Gedo Senki" (English title is "Tale of EarthSea") I don't know how many people know about this movie. It is a new Studio Ghibli movie, directed by Hayao Miyazaki's son. They just opened it, and I went to see it....it was ..... ok. The story was confusing, also the characters were not that great. There weren't any characters that the audience connected with. The whole movie was more violent, many kids in the theater were saying, "kowai~" ( means "scary~") .

There was also a big gallary opening in Tokyo, with many great art works from Disney. All the art works were from Steamboat Willy up to PeterPan. They had original cells, storyboards, Animation drawings, and background painings. It was a very big gallery, roughly 500 pieces in size.If anyone is going to visit Japan, they will have the gallary until Sept. 24th. at Museum of Contemporary Art, Tokyo. It was very inspiring! Posted by Picasa

No comments: