Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Creative life

I read an interesting article the other day about living a more creative life. There were some points that made me think.

It said young kids tend to be wonderfully creative, but by about age 9, when formal education really kicks in, they start becomimg less playful and spontaneous. Also it said that when there is money or praise, people tend to limit themselves and search for one right answer instead of coming up with many possible solutions.

I think there are some times at work that I feel like I have to impress someone, or I have to do a really good job. And of course I do have to do a good job, but at the same time, it was pressuring me and limiting myself from being ME and from exploring more.

So I started going to more life drawing classes last week, even only 15 min. Life drawing is always very relaxing for me, and I don't really have to think it's more intuitive, I'm able to express myself more. I feel like I am using a different part of my brain or something. It really helps me to see who I am as an artist, and I was just having fun drawing! (Some short pose life drawing and costume drawing)





7 comments:

J. Wood said...

Nice studies Miyuki, the bottom drawing is my favorite.
I miss life drawing, I always found it relaxing too.

Neverrated said...

these are so alive, so puuuurty.

Mike Nassar said...

yeah miyuki. These are really good. Love seeing your life drawings, it shows that you enjoyed the process. I love the first and last images.

take care
-mike

chrisallison said...

WOWOWOW! These are great, Miyuki! Kennon would be very proud : )

The top one is so solid and shows you really know your stuff. But I love the bottom one lots of character and great expressive lines!

Anonymous said...

Hi Miyuki. I love your drawings alot. Also the article and your thoughts about creative life make me think, too.

Danny Araya said...

great studies, I'm starting to feel pretty guilty for not having done any life drawing in a while.

Jonathan Edward said...

Awesome figure drawings
Just fav your blog =D
So nice to see some work from an animator from Disney =)
How is working there?